Use our rainbow colored Bright Lights Swiss Chard to create this asian-inspired stir-fry.
2 bunches swiss chard (about 1 pound)
1 medium onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil or sesame oil
1 heaped tablespoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Wash the Swiss Chard leaves. Stack the leaves on top of one another, roll them tightly together, and chop into strips. Dry the leaves thoroughly, either with a clean tea towel or with a salad spinner.
2. Heat a wok or frying pan with no oil. Toast the sesame seeds until they start to pop and set them aside in a clean bowl.
3. Add oil to the heated pan and then add in the onion. Cook until transluscent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the Swiss Chard and stir fry for 3 - 4 minutes, until wilted.
5. Turn off the heat. Add the balsamic vinegar and sesame seeds and mix together. Serve as a side or on top of brown rice.